National Multiple Sclerosis Society Free From Falls Workshop at HealthSouth Harmarville
4/6/2016 - 5/24/2016
Location: HealthSouth Harmarville
320 Guys Run Road
April 5, 2016 - May 24, 2016
6:00 PM EST - 8:00 PM EST
This is a recurring event for 6 weeks
See the event listing on the National MS Society website by clicking here.
- Do you sometimes feel unsteady on your feet?
- Do you often use a wall or furnitureto help you balance when you walk?
- Do you get nervous going down stairs?
- Have you tripped or had an unexpected fall?
Free From Falls is the National MS Society's fall prevention program designed specifically for people with MS who are able to walk but may be at risk for falling. In a fun, supportive group atmosphere, expert instructors in rehabilitation, health, and wellness will help you develop a personal plan to maximize your safety and well-being.
Through this course, participants will:
- Increase awareness of the prevalence of falls among people with MS and the risk factors that may contribute tofalls.
- Identify strategies they can employ to prevent falls and develop a fall prevention action plan.
- Engage in and develop a home fitness plan that addresses balance, endurance, and strength, aimed at reducing fallrisk.
- Increase their confidence in minimizing fall risk and in managing falls if they do occur.
- Identify additional community resources to implement a fall prevention action plan.
Contact: Elise at 1 800-344-3867, option 2 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this program and determine if it is right for you. An application and other registration materials will be provided.
Registration Deadline is April 1, 2016. Class size limited, register early!
Contact information: Elise Augustine
For more information, please contact: